Saturday, February 23, 2013

Toffee Crunch Cupcakes



YUM. These are so good! Moist chocolate cake with a hint of coffee flavor, and studded with toffee pieces... Semisweet chocolate ganache topped with more toffee pieces, and finished with a dollop of caramel frosting. Pretty much a toffee lover's dream. Aka... my dad's! He loved these so much he couldn't stop thanking me for making them. Like I didn't want to, lol. I used toffee bits from the store and they worked great! The only thing I dislike about them is once you open the bag, you pretty much have to use the whole thing. Otherwise, they go bad very quickly. Luckily this recipe only left about a 1/4 cup left. 

I cut the recipe in half because 30 cupcakes is definitely unnecessary for my circumstances :) I also didn't use the caramel swiss meringue buttercream recipe in the original recipe. I instead made a regular caramel buttercream with about 5 tbsp. softened butter, beat until fluffy, then added about 2 cups powdered sugar, and 1/4 cup caramel sauce and a pinch of salt. I beat at about medium speed until fluffy and it was great! These are my estimates so you may have to add more or less of sugar, milk, etc. I'm sure the swiss meringue buttercream is wonderful but I just haven't aquired a taste for that kind yet. I'll definitely make these again :) Here is the recipe. Enjoy!






 Yum :D

Source: http://www.annies-eats.com/2011/11/04/toffee-crunch-cupcakes/

No comments:

Post a Comment