Tuesday, February 19, 2013

General Tso's Chicken & Valentine's Day Dinner



Valentine's Day is a great holiday. You can pretty much feel the love in the air everywhere you go! It's also a great time to indulge with the one you love. Or, if you're single, indulge by yourself! Nothing wrong with buying yourself some chocolates and roses and piggin' out. Trader Joe's has amazing frozen gyoza, so I fried some up. We also had Italian blood orange soda! Very delicious, and all natural! Also at Trader Joe's :)

This year for Valentine's Day, I decided to do something we hadn't done in previous years. We always went out to dinner. But this time... I MADE IT. And, it was pretty amazing. This chicken dish is probably my new favorite chicken dish. And Asian dish. And I have many Asian dishes that I adore... It's just kinda perfect. For me this dish takes about 30-40 minutes but for a not-so-meticulous person, it would probably take as little as 20! My deal is that I'm picky with my chicken breast when cutting it up. They don't exactly trim all the fat off. And I use a SMALL pot to avoid wasting too much oil, so I'm doing many batches. Lol, this doesn't bother me though. The sauce is so so easy and delicous. Just make it, you'll be happy you did :)

My somewhat failed attempt to make a "box of chocolates." Definitely didn't turn out how I wanted it to, for a lack of time... But it was okay :)
Mmmm... Dessert! Warm brownies, chocolate ice cream, and toffee bits. SO good.

Source for the chicken: http://blogchef.net/how-to-cook-chinese-food/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment