Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lemon Layer Cake with Mascarpone Filling And Vanilla Buttercream

This cake is a crazy one. Lemony cake, soft mascarpone filling, mMm the buttercream! So good. I made this for my brothers' birthdays. They were born within a week of eachother (a year apart) so we celebrate them together. Usually, I always make chocolate birthday cakes. Like, all the time. But my mom *insisted* that I make a fruity one! Well, I am glad I did. This isn't as fruity as other cakes may be, but it's far from chocolate. The cake is so much easier than I thought it would be to make. The icing is a simple buttercream and the filling is easy too. As long as you plan it out and give yourself enough time, it's done in a cinch. I love baking cakes, and this may be one of my top 5 favorites. I found the recipe here. Give it a try!

It's a tall cake! Ignore the mess :)

Before I put the rose




So tender yet rich... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment