Thursday, March 21, 2013

Beer Bread

I love bread. This is a good thing obviously, since that means I can make bread, but it's also a very bad thing... For my hips! Oh, and was this bread dangerous. Yikes. I could not stop eating it. I literally had no control around it! Just kidding, kinda ;) It's a sweeter bread, not too sweet, and deliciously buttery. It's amazing, pretty much. And the fact that it is so so easy makes it only better! It requires one bowl, throw in a bottle of beer or soda, and bake it up with some butter on top! It's perfect for when the bread drawer is somehow empty before you realize it. It's also a nice change since my family eats the same Italian rolls from the same bakery every.single.day. I really love this recipe and I'll be making it often. Enjoy! :)
I loved watching the bubbles!

Homemade Beer Bread
3 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) bottle beer
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 5" x 9" loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside. 
Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Add beer and mix until combined (Dough will be sticky). Place dough into loaf pan. Pour melted butter over top of loaf.
Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes, or until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean from center. 
Serve warm or cold.

Source: http://www.shortstopblog.com/2009/10/homemade-beer-bread.html

No comments:

Post a Comment